Such a big mission for making books affordable for all.
- Today’s Amazon monopoly on books seems to be a hard task on making books affordable.
- Why is that when Amazon seems to be the cheapest site to buy books?
- Yes and No. it’s huge drop ship wholesale sellers might be dominating the cheapest price on new and used books. Yet, when your scouting that one hard to find book and the quantity is almost none, these same people are Gods pricing such books as “Gold”. Sometimes looking at one book can be $500 to $3000.
- As collectible as it may be it’s plain hoarding not to say will a real antiquitarian book collector really buy such a book?
- So literally the destruction on independent booksellers are we’re trying to make that small profit to survive on a new or used book but it’s impossible to compete as these sellers are selling way lower that the price we buy them from publishers and wholesalers. How they do this is a long explanation but nevertheless it’s their way of doing business.
- And again for the hard to find out of prints with considerable value valued at the priced of gold is another discussion.
So Affordability for us is competitive pricing while creating that book value, great service and personal buyer connection.
Yes the saga still continues on these monopolies but we’re here to stay our own saga at Affordable books